The New England Convenience Store and Energy Marketers Association (NECSEMA) represents and promotes the interests of the convenience store and transportation fuel industries across New England by providing its members with legislative and regulatory advocacy on key issues and valued services for all members, including resources, networking, training and educational programs.
- A comprehensive and proactive membership network that participates in, monitors and promotes legislative and regulatory issues that impact business on the local, state and federal levels;
- An information and communication network on essential issues, concerns and opportunities relevant to the industry;
- A partnership and network of vendors and retailers;
- Membership services and benefits;
- Training and education programs; and
- A financially strong association with a broad-based membership.
NECSEMA was formed in 2015 through the merger of the New England Convenience Store Association (NECSA) and the Independent Oil Marketers Association of New England (IOMANE). NECSA was formed in 1982 as convenience store owners and operators realized the need for unity in a highly competitive and ever-changing marketplace. IOMA was founded in 1923, making it one of the oldest petroleum trade associations in the country. Together, these two forces realize the synergies of their legislative and regulatory capabilities. NECSEMA leaders and members are informed and represented at all levels of state, local and federal government. Protecting and promoting the retail and energy marketer industry, and the tens of thousands of jobs our members create and maintain in New England, remains the top priority of NECSEMA.